Work for Locke Store in Historic Millwood, VA!
Locke Store is a fast-growing gourmet deli and “modern country” store known for our exceptional housemade foods, extensive wine selection, personalized customer service, and fun & funky store atmosphere. We work hard to cultivate the best experience for both our customers and employees. We are seeking a dynamic, energetic individual to join our retail team, working 30-35 hours per week.
Evenings and weekends are required, with potential for additional hours during busier times.
If you are:
- Friendly & Outgoing
- Detail Minded
- Dependable & Trustworthy
- Enthusiastic & Professional
- Did we mention friendly, outgoing, and customer-oriented?!
…then we want YOU for our team!
- An environment that fosters and encourages personal development
- An education in natural ingredients, ethical sourcing, and local, sustainable products
- Employee discounts and daily lunch allowance
Your core RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Interacting with customers and interpreting their needs
- Providing professional and friendly service
- Being familiar with Locke Store products, history, and practices
- Participating in training, meetings and new product development (i.e. which sometimes includes tasting amazing products – it’s a tough job but someone’s got to do it!)
- Promoting in store events & upselling products
- Seeking feedback from management and coworkers to improve your performance
- Maintaining store standards with pride, including visual first impressions and customer interactions
- Basic housekeeping – including dishes, restocking, and overall upkeep of the store
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated ability to create positive customer interactions
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs, and a desire to be physically active on the job
- Some retail and/or customer service experience
- Ability to self-manage & multi-task, while working cooperatively with fellow team members
- Food & wine knowledge a plus
If you’re a motivated, outgoing customer service rock star, we want to hear from you!
For consideration, please send resume & cover letter to email@example.com with subject line: Retail Opening
- Recipes from Locke Store’s Mixology Class
- Special Beer Tasting with Escutcheon Brewing!